CNC Machining Certification Exam Guide
Setup, Operation, and Programming
CNC Machining Certification Exam Guide is focused on providing the knowledge base required for obtaining certification, credentialing and/or job preparation in CNC Machining with CNC Mills and Lathes. It covers foundational skills that all those seeking employment as a CNC Operator/Machinist must possess. Managers responsible for workforce development in manufacturing facilities will use the book as a guide for on-the-job employee training and apprenticeships.
The work can be used as a curriculum component for technical schools and colleges for students preparing for certification and credentialing exams based on the National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) Machining Level I standards for: CNC Mill Programming and Setup and Operations, and CNC Lathe Programming and Setup and Operations. At a time when the CNC market is experiencing a shortfall of skilled, qualified workers, this Exam Guide is the perfect resource
- Presents CNC Programming with G-Code so users can execute their programs with confidence.
- Focuses on the creation of CNC programs using Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM).
- Written with the end goals of certification, credentialing and job readiness in mind.
- Practice study questions mimic those presented on credentialing exams and practice exercises prepare readers for the required practical activities.
- An affiliated website (www.CNCCertification.com) will contain additional certification questions and answers, as well as suggested additional exercises.